We are excited to announce that the application period for Spring 2019 Raley’s Field Trips on the Farm is now open! Please read the requirements below before proceeding to the application.
- Field trips are available only to grades 4-6.
- Field trips will take place in Brentwood, Contra Costa County. All applicants must be within a 20-mile radius of Brentwood, Contra Costa County.
- Each class that would like to participate needs to complete and submit its own application.
- The application process is competitive. We typically receive more requests than we are able to fulfill. Therefore, incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Applications are due by Thursday, January 31. Late applications will not be considered. All applicants will be notified of their results by February 22. Field trips will take place in April or May, with dates to be determined by CFT staff in coordination with teachers.
- CFT, with sponsorship from Raley’s, will fully fund the field trip. This includes providing bus transportation to and from school, snacks, and lunch. A CFT staff member will accompany your class on the trip.
- All classes selected for field trips will be required to complete in-class lessons in conjunction with the field trip. Teachers will be given several lessons plans to choose from, all of which meet California science standards.
- All classes selected for field trips will be required to distribute and return photo and video releases. A member of the media may attend and publish a story on the field trip. If there are any students who cannot be photographed or videoed, we will work with teachers to protect their privacy.
- You will be responsible for providing chaperones.
- After the field trips, all participating teachers will be required to complete a brief survey about the trips. Teachers who do not complete the survey will not be eligible for future field trips. Thank you cards from the students will improve your chance of being selected for additional field trips in the future.
If you meet the requirements above, proceed to the Field Trip Application.