Fresh Herb Olive Oil Dip
So simple yet so delicious. Have this ready in just 10 minutes for a perfect appetizer before a meal. Don’t forget – the more fresh the herbs are, the better!
1 tbsp fresh basil
1 tbsp fresh parsley
3 minced garlic cloves
2 tsp fresh thyme leaves
2 tsp fresh oregano leaves
1 tsp fresh rosemary leaves
¼ tsp ground black pepper
½ tsp kosher salt
2 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
1 tsp lemon juice (I tend to use fresh lemon juice – oh so yummy)
Red pepper flakes
Grated parmesan cheese
- Combine all ingredients excluding the EVOO in a food processor or blender.
- Process 15-30 seconds then stop.
- Scrape the sides and process for another 15-30 seconds.
- Repeat until finely minced and combined.
- Add a small spoonful of your herb mixture to the middle of a plate.
- Add EVOO to the plate, this is where you can choose to add red pepper flakes or a small amount of balsamic vinegar to one side of the plate.
- Serve with warm Italian or French bread.