Summary: This recipe is from the kitchen of Christine Brandstad and is a family favorite.
- 2 cups walnuts, plus ½ cup for the top of the pie
- 1 store-bought 9” pie shell
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup less 1 Tbsp heavy cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp sherry
- ½ cup dark corn syrup
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Break up walnuts and fill pie shell.
- Place remaining ingredients in a blender or food processor; pulse for 10 seconds.
- Pour mixture into pie shell and bake in oven for 25 minutes.
- Arrange walnut halves on top; bake 10 more minutes.
- Let cool