Cherry Cream Cheese Pie with Chocolate Graham Cracker Crust… to die for!
• 1 chocolate graham cracker crust
• ½ pint heavy whipping cream (DO NOT use Cool Whip or canned whipped cream – it’s not the same!)
• 4 oz Philly Cream Cheese, softened (Do not microwave! Cream cheese gets too soft & ruins the pie.)
• ½ cup sifted powdered sugar
• ½ tsp. Vanilla
• 1 can blueberry (or cherry) pie filling
Before you begin, put a glass bowl and the beaters to your mixer in the freezer for at least 10 or 15 minutes. These are going to be used to whip the cream and must be really cold.
Chocolate Graham Cracker Crust:
You can either buy a ready-made crust or make one using the recipe on the back of a box of chocolate graham cracker crumbs. Bake either according to directions and cool thoroughly before filling.
With a fork, cream together the cream cheese, sifted powdered sugar and vanilla. Set aside.
Pour your whipping cream into the cold glass bowl and start mixing. After about 10 minutes the whipping cream will get thicker and form stiff peaks. Gently fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture until well blended.
Spoon the filling into the cooled crust and smooth, not quite to the edges of the crust. You want to make the center of the whipped cream filling is a little lower than the edges so your pie filling won’t spill over the sides. Spoon the pie filling over the whipped cream filling. Sprinkle a few drops of lemon juice on top and refrigerate, preferably overnight.