Recipe: Artichoke Hor d’Ouerves
Summary: Features California grown artichokes. This recipe was submitted by Carol Martin. It’s been a family favorite since the early 70’s.
- 4 eggs
- salt and pepper
- dash of Tabasco
- 12 saltine crackers, crumbled
- ½ lb. Sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 jars (6 oz.) marinated artichoke hearts, chopped
- ½ to 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- parsley flakes
- Saute green onions and garlic in oil from artichokes.
- Beat eggs; add each ingredient beating with a fork.
- Add artichokes. Pour into well-oiled (using marinade from artichoke jar) 8×8” square pan.
- Bake at 325 degrees, 30-35 minutes. Cool. Slice into 1×1” squares. Serve warm.
- Recipe can be frozen.